Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/nyregion/judge-invalidates-bloombergs-soda-ban.xml

2 comments:

  1. I don’t really agree with limits. No one can tell anybody what to do or think, but those limits ends when they are interfering others’ lives.
    Mr. Bloomberg is just a pain in the neck for the American Beverage Association, because there will be some looses, of course.
    I’m sure that big sugary drinks are not the only cause of obesity in the US, but certainly “one of the least painful”, as Dr. Katan of the VU University Amsterdam. So, if something has to be first target, one good direction to go would be this kind of drinks.
    I certainly believe that a regulation than the one Mr. Bloomberg was trying to make is not sufficient by itself, it has to be mixed with good health education, exercise and a healthy lifestyle. Stop drinking sugary drinks is not “a magic pill” (continuing with Dr. Katan), but it absolutely helps to reduce normal intake of calories per day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the mayor when he said "I've got to defend my children, and yours". Is implying that he will take care of the city as his he thinks. With that said he would do any thing he sees right, not paying attention to the public opinion. The judge Milton is trying to stop the order by bringing the low called The limits. In my opinion, the mayor is a aiming to stop the obesity but he is using the wrong way to do it. Considering the low it self, I do jot think it will cure the obesity, the food isn't healthy, the lifestyle isn't helpful to lose weight. The leaders in the city ought ti gather and figure out why there is obesity, and how to stop it.

    ReplyDelete